Floridaâ€™s 2016-17 Southeastern Conference schedule is packed with challenges against some of the nationâ€™s best teams and the Gators will open it inside the new Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. Oâ€™Connell Center.
Exactech Arena has been undergoing a massive $64.5 million renovation that will be completed in mid-December, meaning the Florida will have played all except one game on the road during its pre-conference slate.
Once the doors to the state-of-the-art facility open, the Gators will play their final non-SEC game in the new building on December 28 before welcoming Auburn on January 1 to christen Exact Arena for league action.
Last season, Florida tied for fourth in the final regular-season standings with a 10-6 record. It was just the third time in program history the Gators logged double-digit conference wins and the first time since the 2000-01 season.
Florida was one of an SEC-record nine teams selected for the 2016 NCAA Tournament last year, tying the national record for most teams from one conference earning an NCAA bid.
Â SEC Schedule Notes:
- 16-game regular-season schedule
- The Gators will play each of the 13 other SEC teams once, with a home-and-home series this year against Georgia, Tennessee and Texas A&M
- Floridaâ€™s bye-date comes on Thu., Jan. 19, meaning the Gators will play its final 11 games without a break
Location, Location, Location:
- SEC Home Games: Auburn, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia
- SEC Road Games: LSU, Mississippi State, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee
- At least nine of Floridaâ€™s game will be televised live by either ESPNU or the SEC Network
FOLLOW THE GATORS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: #GoGators